Geneva, Switzerland – 23 August 2022 – MSC Seascape, has successfully completed her first intensive systems tests at sea during a multiple-day trial between 17th to 20th August. This will be the fourth ship in the Seaside class and second Seaside EVO ship built by Fincantieri in Italy, one of the world’s largest ship building groups.
The Seaside EVO ships are an evolution of the innovative and popular Seaside class with striking design features, stunning public spaces, and exciting experiences for guests. MSC Seascape ship pays tribute to the beauty of the ocean with a whole host of innovative design features to enable guests to enjoy new horizons at sea.
The 169,400 GT ship will be delivered to MSC Cruises in late November and will come into service in December 2022, sailing year-round from Miami to the Caribbean. Following MSC World Europa, MSC Seascape will become the second new MSC Cruises ship to launch this year.
The naming ceremony for MSC Seascape will take place in New York City on 7 December 2022 at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. The new ship will offer two different seven-night itineraries, stopping at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve and Nassau in The Bahamas, San Juan in Puerto Rico and Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic, or calling at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, Cozumel in Mexico, George Town in the Cayman Islands and Ocho Rios in Jamaica.
MSC Seascape Highlights
As with her sister ship, 65 per cent of MSC Seascape’s public spaces have been completely re-imagined versus the original Seaside prototype, bringing the guest experience to the next level and offering beautiful venues and locations to discover new horizons at sea:
- 98 hours of live entertainment per cruise, 7,567 square feet of dedicated kids’ space and cutting-edge amusement options
- 2,270 cabins with 12 different types of cabins and suites with balconies, including coveted aft suites
- 11 dining venues, 19 bars and lounges with plenty of options for dining and drinking al fresco
- Six swimming pools including a stunning aft infinity pool with incredible ocean views
- The MSC Yacht Club will be one of the largest and most luxurious in MSC Cruises’ fleet, offering around 3,000 m2 of space with sweeping ocean views from the foredecks of the ship
- An expansive waterfront promenade even closer to the water, stretching nearly 540 metres.
- A spectacular glass-floored Bridge of Sighs on deck 16 with a unique view of the ocean
MSC Seascape Environmental Technology
The ship will feature the latest environmental technologies which include selective catalytic reduction systems on each of the four Wartsila 14V 46F engines to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions by up to 90 percent by converting the gas into harmless nitrogen and water. MSC Seascape’s hybrid exhaust gas cleaning system will remove 98 percent of Sulphur Oxide from its emissions.
Fitted with the best-in-class wastewater treatment systems with purification standards higher than most wastewater treatments facilities on land, the vessel is also equipped with advanced waste management systems, ballast water treatment systems approved by the United States Coast Guard, the latest-technology systems for the prevention of oil discharges from machinery spaces, and various effective energy-efficiency improvements – from heat recovery systems to LED lighting able to save energy.
The ship will feature an underwater radiated noise management system to reduce and isolate the potential effects on marine mammals.
To find out more about MSC Seascape, please visit here